You Are a Monster Movie
Nothing makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up like a menacing monster, whether that monster comes from a lab or outer space.
You like horror movies with a lot of action and destruction. Of course you want the good guys to win in the end... but not until many people die first.
You appreciate the creativity involved with imagining the ultimate monster. The idea of an evil that is capable of anything both delights and frights you.
Your favorite movies have a unique take on the definition of monster. You go for movies like Alien, the Mummy, and King Kong.
In no particular order, twenty movies* I think everyone should see:
1. The Lord of the Rings movies
2. The original Star Wars trilogy
4. The Princess Bride
5. Breakfast Club
7. Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
8. Jurassic Park
9. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
10. A Fish Called Wanda
12. Die Hard
15. Hard Boiled
16. Patriot Games
18. Moulin Rouge
*a series can count as one
Edited because llaras pointed out that I had The Breakfast Club on my list twice. I added Willow!
Your result for The What is Your Spirit Animal Test...
Here's your results! Your spirit animal has a Nobility ranking of 11 out of 18.
***Wondering how this animal was chosen for you? These questions were carefully thought out to see how important you hold certain virtues such as: humanism, self-knowledge, rationalism, the love of freedom and other somewhat Hellenic ideals. Some of the questions were very subtle. Your score was then matched with an animal of corresponding nobility. However, you shouldn't think this was a right/wrong sort of test, but more of an idealistic values test. It's ok to not hold these values, you'll just get an animal spirit of lower stature if you do!***
You're Mother Teresa!
Selfless, pious, and devoted, you set a very
high standard for people to try to live up to. And yet when
they ask how you do it, you simply offer the advice that
everyone love those around them. Yet your ambitions are great
and you aim to spread your mission to every corner of the
globe, even if its messages and tenets are relatively simple.
While there can be no doubt that religion is prioritized in
your work, the work itself is breathtaking in scope. Though
you have no children, everyone thinks of you as a
Women World Leaders Quiz
Camp Kupugani Multicultural Summer Camp for Girls.
|fave ship||fave fandom||fave animated|
|best quote||best textless||best stolen idea|
|use the most||favorite|
HOW MANY ICONS DO YOU HAVE: 144
OUT OF HOW MANY AVAILABLE ICONS SPACES: 195
IF YOU COULD BUY SPACE FOR MORE, WOULD YOU: At this point, no. The latest boost in spaces made my brain boggle a little. 195 is plenty.
DO YOUR ICONS MAKE A STATEMENT: I don't think so.
WHAT FANDOM DO YOU HAVE THE MOST ICONS OF: It surprised me, but SG-1 is still in the lead with 9.
AND THE SECOND MOST: Also a surprise, given that I don't watch it anymore, SGA comes in at 2nd with 7. And it's a 3-way (dirty!) tie for 3rd place - LotR, DWho and Firefly all have 6 each.
WHAT SHIP DO YOU HAVE THE MOST ICONS OF: I don't actually have very many shippy icons and no winner. I have one each of the following ships: Luke/Lorelai, John/Aeryn, Vansen/McQueen, Han/Leia, O'Neill/Carter, Constantine/Angela, 9/Rose, Helo/Athena and Mulder/Scully.
ARE YOUR ICONS MADE MOSTLY BY OTHER PEOPLE: All but one.
DO YOU MAKE ICONS: No, but I did make the one of Maggie using LJ's icon-maker.
ARE THEY ANY GOOD: It's passable.
ANIMATED ICONS ARE: Awesome, though I don't have as many as I thought I did.
Coding can be found here
Put your MP3 player on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty songs. Post the poem that results. The first line of the twenty-first song is the title.
I want to live where soul meets body
Many years I've lived alone, a life of solitude,
Friday night and the moon is high,
I don't want to get up, baby.
Didn't I say?
I close my eyes only for a moment and the moment's gone
And in my twisted face
There's poetry in motion.
Would I lie to you?
Saint Genevieve, Saint Genevieve,
Please allow me to introduce myself
Driven up and down in circles
I left that sun sinking west in California.
She want that lovey-dovey, lovey dove
Sunday afternoon, there was laughter in the air
Baby, here I am, a man on the scene
Salvation Army band played.
Well, it was Saturday night and I was sitting in the kitchen
In olden days,
You spend all your time waiting for that second chance
I can never understand why when a drink is in my hand.
( the titles and artists are under here )
You guys are awesome at the movie quote game and guessed all but three, so I'm going to give you some clues. Here goes...
1. "Evil begets evil, Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger."
1 and 3 were both directed by the same person. A language was created for the movie. The hero and the villain are never in the same scene.
Bonus quote: "No no no no no no. 'Cuz if it was a bomb, the alarms would go off 'cuz all these hotels have bomb detectors, right?"
Fifth Element, guessed by misspamela
2. "What are we gonna tell the cops? 'Fuck it if she can't take a joke, Sarge'."
Came out in 1989. Two of the actors are in new shows this season. The title of the movie is the name of the main character.
Bonus quote: "My parents wanted to move me into high school out of the sixth grade, but we decided to chuck the idea because I'd have trouble making friends, blah, blah, blah. Now blah, blah, blah is all I ever do. I use my grand IQ to decide what color lip gloss to wear in the morning and how to hit three keggers before curfew."
Heathers, guessed by aw_lemongirl
3. "Rule #1. Never change the deal."
Opens with a car chase. The lead's car was specially made for the movie and is the only one that exists. Lead actor did most of his own stunts.
Bonus quote: "Three men. 254 kilos. That was the deal."
Extra double super shiny bonus points for the title quote (same movie as the last post's title).
1. Pick 15 of your favourite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. "Burgundy is the color of hot water bottles! Red is the color of sex and fear and danger and signs that say, Do. Not. Enter."
Lola in Kinky Boots, guessed by maystone
2. "Prophets. Two of them. The one who speaks - and he will, at great lengths, whether you want him to or not - will make mention of himself as a prophet. The other one... well, he's the quiet type, but he'll be helpful just the same."
Metatron in Dogma, guessed by caerwynx
3. "Evil begets evil, Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger."
4. "This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was."
Yoda in Empire Strikes back, guessed by dfwall02453
5. "Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm."
Gandalf in LotR: Two Towers, guessed by dfwall02453
6. "I've got news for you. Kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long."
Mr. Stratford in 10 Things I Hate About You, guessed by aw_lemongirl
7. "Nothing here is what it seems. You are not the plucky hero, the Alliance is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena."
The Operative in Serenity, guessed by dfwall02453
8. "And I realized that as dire chance and fateful cockup would have it, here I am, mid 50s, and without knowing it I've gone and spent most of my adult life with a chubby employee. And much as it grieves me to say it, it might be that the people I love is, in fact... you."
Billy Mack in Love Actually, guessed by dfwall02453
9. "I do have a test today. That wasn't bullshit. It's on European socialism. I mean, really, what's the point? I'm not European. I don't plan on being European. So who cares if they're socialists? They could be fascist anarchists. It still doesn't change the fact that I don't own a car."
Ferris in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, guessed by dfwall02453
10. "What are we gonna tell the cops? 'Fuck it if she can't take a joke, Sarge'."
11. "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated. As a token of our appreciation, we hope you will enjoy the two thermonuclear missiles we've just sent to converge with your craft. To ensure ongoing quality of service, your death may be monitored for training purposes. Thank you."
Recording from Magrathea in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, guessed by rustydog
12. "No. You are a hallucination, brought on by alcohol. Russian Vodka, poisoned by Chernobyl!"
Frank Cross in Scrooged, guessed by rustydog
13. "What can you tell me about a seven foot lunatic hacking away with a broadsword at one o'clock in the morning, New York City, 1985?"
Brenda in Highlander, guessed by dfwall02453
14. "Rule #1. Never change the deal."
15. "Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day and especially the night. The hope that after you're gone from my sight, it will not be the last time I look upon you."
Kate in A Knight's Tale, guessed by budclare
Extra shiny bonus points if you can also name the quote in my Subject line. Just 'cause.
I was in kind of a hermit-y place and got out of the habit of posting and the longer I go without posting anything, the more I feel like there's no way to sum up the last couple of months. But I told Mays that I would post today, so I'm going to get back into the swing of things with a meme, just to break the ice. Did I just mix a metaphor? Eh. Whatever.
By way of lbmango, who is not actually on my flist, but I'm so bored at work right now that I'm surfing friends-of-friends to entertain myself:
When you see this, post in your own journal with your favorite quote from The Princess Bride.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Wait till I get going!!!
There are SO many good ones, but I use that dizzying intellect quote all the time in the hopes that someone will know what the hell I'm talking about and answer with Vizzini's line. No love yet. :)
Which Action Hero Would You Be? v. 2.0
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Neo, the "One"|
Neo is the computer hacker-turned-Messiah of the Matrix. He leads a small group of human rebels against the technology that controls them. Neo doubts his ability to lead but doesn't want to disappoint his friends. His goal is for a world where all men know the Truth and are free from the bonds of the Matrix.
Your result for The Ohmigod Test...
Satan - Fallen Angel and God of Hell
33% Goodness, 56% Vengeful, 89% Lawful and 56% benevolence!
You Are Chopsticks
People see you as exotic, unusual, and even a bit intimidating.
You are a difficult person to figure out.
In truth, you try to live a very simple life.
But most people are too frenzied to recognize the beauty of your simplicity.